Welcome

Welcome to my ever-evolving blog. It started out as a blog on Beachbody workouts and products, mainly when I was a Beachbody coach. I no longer coach, not because I don't believe in Beachbody's programs (I subscribe to Beachbody on Demand and use their workouts every day), I am just not a salesperson and hated that aspect of it. I am more than willing to answer questions about my experiences with their products and the various workouts, and I feel freer to do so without the appearance of giving a biased review of something.

I have also started adding reviews for various things I have purchased like movies, books, CDs, and other products. This was brought about by a fight with Amazon in which all of my reviews were removed over a completely bullshit allegation that I posted a review that violated their terms of service. After going back and forth with the morons in the community-reviews department (even after they admitted that my posts did not violate their guidelines) they restored my account (which took them six months to do), but I have been posting my reviews on my blog to have them preserved in case something like that happens again. And here, I will post uncensored reviews so I will swear from time to time and post reviews that may be longer than Amazon's character limit. Everything I post here on any topic or product is my personal opinion, and I take no compensation for any product reviews I post. I am a member of Amazon's vine program and because I get those products for free, I keep those reviews on Amazon only, but everything I have purchased with my own money, whether from Amazon or some other store/website/outlet, I will post here.  

I also plan to do some longer blog posts on various topics, such as how to learn physics, how to get through calculus, and longer reviews of workout programs as I do them. Basically, whatever strikes me as interesting at the time.  As you can see if you navigate around the blog, I had many years in between postings. During that time I was going back to school to get an engineering degree, and learning material that I avoided my first time through college was a different experience and one that gave me a lot of insight into how to do well in those classes, which I will try to impart here for those who are looking to get a science or engineering degree. 

Sunday, June 18, 2023

Product Review: PIONEER 43-inch Class LED 4K UHD Smart Fire TV

 


This is a very nice, relatively inexpensive, 4K tv. At 43 inches it is a perfect size for a bedroom, a workout room, a garage, etc. It has three HDMI inputs, a coaxial input, an optical cable input, and component cable inputs. And, the inputs are located in a way that they should not be blocked if you put the TV on a wall mount. It also does have feet that screw onto the bottom to allow you to put it on a counter or a TV stand.

The TV does have Amazon Fire TV built-in. You can do a basic setup or a full setup. The basic setup is the one you would pick if you are not an Amazon Prime member, and essentially just allows you to switch the inputs, download apps, etc. The full setup is what you would pick if you are a Prime member and will allow for easier access to all of the Prime Video content. The full setup is very easy, especially if you are even relatively tech-savvy. It will put a QR code on the screen that you can scan with your phone that will allow you to log into your Amazon account with your phone and then the TV sets itself up. You will have to wait for the firmware to upload, but the TV does that automatically and there is really nothing you need to do while the TV is downloading and installing the update.

The TV itself is great. The resolution is wonderful, and finding what you want is relatively easy. It does have a Firestick remote, which has an Alexa button that allows you to do voice searching. The only thing I do not like about the remote is that it does not allow you to easily change the TV inputs via a button on the remote. You have to go to the home screen and change the inputs from there. And, when you are on the page that shows the inputs, the screen does not automatically show you what is hooked up to what input (I did figure out you can set this up manually, but it should be something that the TV can detect on its own). Those are, of course, bigger issues if you have something like a Roku (which you really do not need since you can download almost every App you can get on a Roku on this), a video game system, or a blu-ray player hooked up to this, than it is if you are just going to be streaming. Aside from those issues, however, I think it is a great TV and definitely worth the price.

No comments: