Welcome

Welcome to my ever-evolving blog. It started out as a blog on Beachbody workouts and products, mainly when I was a Beachbody coach. I no longer coach, not because I don't believe in Beachbody's programs (I subscribe to Beachbody on Demand and use their workouts every day), I am just not a salesperson and hated that aspect of it. I am more than willing to answer questions about my experiences with their products and the various workouts, and I feel freer to do so without the appearance of giving a biased review of something.

I have also started adding reviews for various things I have purchased like movies, books, CDs, and other products. This was brought about by a fight with Amazon in which all of my reviews were removed over a completely bullshit allegation that I posted a review that violated their terms of service. After going back and forth with the morons in the community-reviews department (even after they admitted that my posts did not violate their guidelines) they restored my account (which took them six months to do), but I have been posting my reviews on my blog to have them preserved in case something like that happens again. And here, I will post uncensored reviews so I will swear from time to time and post reviews that may be longer than Amazon's character limit. Everything I post here on any topic or product is my personal opinion, and I take no compensation for any product reviews I post. I am a member of Amazon's vine program and because I get those products for free, I keep those reviews on Amazon only, but everything I have purchased with my own money, whether from Amazon or some other store/website/outlet, I will post here.  

I also plan to do some longer blog posts on various topics, such as how to learn physics, how to get through calculus, and longer reviews of workout programs as I do them. Basically, whatever strikes me as interesting at the time.  As you can see if you navigate around the blog, I had many years in between postings. During that time I was going back to school to get an engineering degree, and learning material that I avoided my first time through college was a different experience and one that gave me a lot of insight into how to do well in those classes, which I will try to impart here for those who are looking to get a science or engineering degree. 

Monday, June 26, 2023

Workout Update: Transition Week

 As I was nearing the end of Job-1, I was trying to figure out what to do as my next "main" workout. I decided on the "645" program, led by trainer Amoila Cesar, which is one of the newer programs in the Beachbody lineup. But, to get ready for it, I did the shorter "630" workout, which is basically a week-long series of shorter workouts (30 minutes instead of 45 minutes) that follow the same format as the longer, thirteen-week program 645.

The 630 program has workouts for six days, Monday-Saturday, and then a rest day on Sunday. M, T, Th, and Fr are strength training days in which you work lower body, total body, upper body (mostly shoulders), and total body respectively. Wednesday is a stretching/flexibility and mobility routine, and Saturday is a cardio workout.

In each of the resistance workouts, you do blocks in which you will do one or two moves. When there are two moves you do them back-to-back, then you get a 45-second rest break and you do both again. Some blocks are what are called EMOM blocks, where you do a single move for 15 reps, then you rest until the next minute starts. So, if it takes 30 seconds to do the 15 reps then you get a 30-second break. If it takes you 45 seconds, then you get 15 seconds of rest before you start again.

Ultimately, it is a good workout that is challenging. There is a modifier who performs modified versions of the moves if you need it. Cesar has a good, fun personality, and he explains and breaks down how correctly perform the exercises. The 30 minutes go by quickly in all of the workouts, and they do not ever seem to drag. 

I usually did those workouts in the mornings and then the XB 15-minute stretching routines in the evening. Those were pretty much going the same way as they had been, so there is really nothing new to report on them. I am going to flip that so I do the XB routines in the morning and the 45-minute workouts in the evening. I will start updating daily again this evening.

No comments: