Welcome

Welcome to my ever-evolving blog. It started out as a blog on Beachbody workouts and products, mainly when I was a Beachbody coach. I no longer coach, not because I don't believe in Beachbody's programs (I subscribe to Beachbody on Demand and use their workouts every day), I am just not a salesperson and hated that aspect of it. I am more than willing to answer questions about my experiences with their products and the various workouts, and I feel freer to do so without the appearance of giving a biased review of something.

I have also started adding reviews for various things I have purchased like movies, books, CDs, and other products. This was brought about by a fight with Amazon in which all of my reviews were removed over a completely bullshit allegation that I posted a review that violated their terms of service. After going back and forth with the morons in the community-reviews department (even after they admitted that my posts did not violate their guidelines) they restored my account (which took them six months to do), but I have been posting my reviews on my blog to have them preserved in case something like that happens again. And here, I will post uncensored reviews so I will swear from time to time and post reviews that may be longer than Amazon's character limit. Everything I post here on any topic or product is my personal opinion, and I take no compensation for any product reviews I post. I am a member of Amazon's vine program and because I get those products for free, I keep those reviews on Amazon only, but everything I have purchased with my own money, whether from Amazon or some other store/website/outlet, I will post here.  

I also plan to do some longer blog posts on various topics, such as how to learn physics, how to get through calculus, and longer reviews of workout programs as I do them. Basically, whatever strikes me as interesting at the time.  As you can see if you navigate around the blog, I had many years in between postings. During that time I was going back to school to get an engineering degree, and learning material that I avoided my first time through college was a different experience and one that gave me a lot of insight into how to do well in those classes, which I will try to impart here for those who are looking to get a science or engineering degree. 

Tuesday, August 30, 2022

DVD/TV Series Review: Covert Affairs: Season 5

 


+++Warning, this contains spoilers from the prior season, but no major season five giveaways+++

The final season of Covert Affairs picks up four months after Annie killed Henry Wilcox. She has been living off the grid but comes back into the CIA after threats of a terrorist attack arise. In doing so, she is hiding a respiratory condition that affects her ability to do her job. The show continues to be a blend of procedural, case-of-the-week shows with larger arcs that span throughout the season. This season sees Auggie's hacker ex-girlfriend Natasha brought back for a significant story arc. The show does feature the typical twists and turns and given that it is the final season it does a decent job at tying up the storylines of the various characters. Even though there was a slight possibility of it being picked up for another season by the time the season ended, the writers definitely used the final episode to get the characters in a place where life for them would go on and did not end the season on a major cliffhanger that would never be resolved.

For those who get the DVD set, there are only a couple of extras. There are some deleted scenes and a gag reel. It would have been nice if there were some cast interviews, something like a series retrospective, etc. But, this was just a very bare-bones DVD release.

Overall, the final season did a good job wrapping up the series. It was nice that Oded Fehr was brought back to reprise his role as Mossad agent Eyal Lavin for a couple of episodes. One thing that was definitely missing was finding a way to include Danielle for at least an appearance in the series finale. I am not sure if Anne Dudek's schedule just did not work out, or if she was never in the plans. But, given that the first two seasons focused so much on Annie and Danielle's relationship, it would have been nice to have a cameo appearance from Dudek. Aside from that, I think the writers did a good job wrapping up the show and gave everyone in the ensemble cast good storylines. I do think that the first two seasons of the show were the best, but if you stuck with it after that, the final season is still worth checking out.

No comments: