Welcome

Welcome to my ever-evolving blog. It started out as a blog on Beachbody workouts and products, mainly when I was a Beachbody coach. I no longer coach, not because I don't believe in Beachbody's programs (I subscribe to Beachbody on Demand and use their workouts every day), I am just not a salesperson and hated that aspect of it. I am more than willing to answer questions about my experiences with their products and the various workouts, and I feel freer to do so without the appearance of giving a biased review of something.

I have also started adding reviews for various things I have purchased like movies, books, CDs, and other products. This was brought about by a fight with Amazon in which all of my reviews were removed over a completely bullshit allegation that I posted a review that violated their terms of service. After going back and forth with the morons in the community-reviews department (even after they admitted that my posts did not violate their guidelines) they restored my account (which took them six months to do), but I have been posting my reviews on my blog to have them preserved in case something like that happens again. And here, I will post uncensored reviews so I will swear from time to time and post reviews that may be longer than Amazon's character limit. Everything I post here on any topic or product is my personal opinion, and I take no compensation for any product reviews I post. I am a member of Amazon's vine program and because I get those products for free, I keep those reviews on Amazon only, but everything I have purchased with my own money, whether from Amazon or some other store/website/outlet, I will post here.  

I also plan to do some longer blog posts on various topics, such as how to learn physics, how to get through calculus, and longer reviews of workout programs as I do them. Basically, whatever strikes me as interesting at the time.  As you can see if you navigate around the blog, I had many years in between postings. During that time I was going back to school to get an engineering degree, and learning material that I avoided my first time through college was a different experience and one that gave me a lot of insight into how to do well in those classes, which I will try to impart here for those who are looking to get a science or engineering degree. 

Monday, June 20, 2022

Blu-Ray/TV Series Review: Heroes: Season 3

 


+++Warning, this contains spoilers from season 2, but no major season three giveaways+++

The third season of Heroes returns the show to a full season after the writer's strike ended the mess that was season 2 early. The season is split into two volumes, one titled Villians and the other titled Fugitives. The first half of the season involves the fallout from the assassination attempt on Nathan. We find out who tried to kill him, and why, and much of the first half of the season revolves around that plot. The other major plot point of the first half of the season is a bunch of villains escaping from the company, and joining up to try and give everyone powers. The second half of the season involves a government effort, spearheaded by Nathan to round up people with powers.

For those who get the Blu-Ray set, there are a ton of extras. All 25 episodes get picture-in-picture commentary tracks that have members of the production team and/or members of the cast providing the commentary. There are just under 40-minutes of deleted scenes, and six behind-the-scenes featurettes that cover multiple elements of the season, and range from 6-minutes to 20-minutes in length. Finally, there are a series of alternate stories that involve some of the more minor characters from the season. They are basically three webisodes that run a combined 46 minutes in length. Then there are character bios and a couple of small promo items. So, if you like bonus material, there is a lot there for you.

As my headline says, the season is better than the second but not as good as the first. Some of the new cast additions like Brea Grant and Ċ½eljko Ivanek were great. Some of the plot points like Sylar trying to figure out if he wanted to be a good guy or a bad guy did get a bit tedious. Also, there are definitely recycled plot points that just get eye roll-inducing because of being a bit too predictable. Personally, I think the show would have been better served to stick with one "big bad" that must be brought down rather than trying to reboot the series with each volume. So, overall, while it is not perfect, I do think the season is worth watching and the blu-ray is a great pick-up for those who love a lot of bonus content.

No comments: