Welcome

Welcome to my ever-evolving blog. It started out as a blog on Beachbody workouts and products, mainly when I was a Beachbody coach. I no longer coach, not because I don't believe in Beachbody's programs (I subscribe to Beachbody on Demand and use their workouts every day), I am just not a salesperson and hated that aspect of it. I am more than willing to answer questions about my experiences with their products and the various workouts, and I feel freer to do so without the appearance of giving a biased review of something.

I have also started adding reviews for various things I have purchased like movies, books, CDs, and other products. This was brought about by a fight with Amazon in which all of my reviews were removed over a completely bullshit allegation that I posted a review that violated their terms of service. After going back and forth with the morons in the community-reviews department (even after they admitted that my posts did not violate their guidelines) they restored my account (which took them six months to do), but I have been posting my reviews on my blog to have them preserved in case something like that happens again. And here, I will post uncensored reviews so I will swear from time to time and post reviews that may be longer than Amazon's character limit. Everything I post here on any topic or product is my personal opinion, and I take no compensation for any product reviews I post. I am a member of Amazon's vine program and because I get those products for free, I keep those reviews on Amazon only, but everything I have purchased with my own money, whether from Amazon or some other store/website/outlet, I will post here.  

I also plan to do some longer blog posts on various topics, such as how to learn physics, how to get through calculus, and longer reviews of workout programs as I do them. Basically, whatever strikes me as interesting at the time.  As you can see if you navigate around the blog, I had many years in between postings. During that time I was going back to school to get an engineering degree, and learning material that I avoided my first time through college was a different experience and one that gave me a lot of insight into how to do well in those classes, which I will try to impart here for those who are looking to get a science or engineering degree. 

Wednesday, September 30, 2026

4k-UHD/Movie Review: The Fugitive

 



The Fugitive is the 1993 action-thriller/suspense-drama film adaptation of the popular 1960 television show. It was adapted from a screenplay by Jeb Stuart and David Twohy and directed by Andrew Davis. It stars Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones in the main roles and features a great supporting cast, including Sela Ward, Julianne Moore, Joe Pantoliano, Andreas Katsulas, Jeroen Krabbe, Jane Lynch, and Richard Riehle. In it, Ford plays a prominent surgeon named Richard Kimble, who is arrested and convicted for the murder of his wife (played by Sela Ward). He maintains his innocence, insisting that a one-armed man broke into his house and killed his wife. He escapes custody during a bus accident while being transported to prison and is determined to prove his innocence. Tommy Lee Jones plays Deputy US Marshal Sam Gerard, who leads a group of Marshals to track down Kimble. 

The 4k version is a single-disc release. The A/V quality of the UHD disc is very good. The audio quality is at or near reference quality with a great Dolby Atmos track that sounds wonderful on a surround system. The video quality is not as good as the audio, and shows some imperfections in spots, but it is still very good. All of the bonus material is carried over from the original physical media release, including an introduction by Harrison Ford, Andrew Davis, and Tommy Lee Jones (via phone). Davis and Jones's portion is also included on the audio commentary track, which mostly features Davis with Jones interjecting from time-to-time. There is also a few making-of and behind-the-scenes featurettes (that total just around an hour, give or take) and the theatrical trailer. 

Overall, the movie is very good. It absolutely deserved all of the award nominations. While Ford did much of the heavy lifting and was in most of the scenes in the film, Jones dominated nearly every scene he was in and absolutely deserved the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor. There is some violence and swearing, but the movie does not push the boundary of the PG-13 rating. The film is extremely well-written and acted and even though it runs a little over two hours, the plot flows well and never seems like it is plodding along. Ultimately, if you are a fan of Ford and/or Jones, or you just like movies that blend action, suspense, and drama, this is absolutely worth checking out. 

No comments: