Welcome

Welcome to my ever-evolving blog. It started out as a blog on Beachbody workouts and products, mainly when I was a Beachbody coach. I no longer coach, not because I don't believe in Beachbody's programs (I subscribe to Beachbody on Demand and use their workouts every day), I am just not a salesperson and hated that aspect of it. I am more than willing to answer questions about my experiences with their products and the various workouts, and I feel freer to do so without the appearance of giving a biased review of something.

I have also started adding reviews for various things I have purchased like movies, books, CDs, and other products. This was brought about by a fight with Amazon in which all of my reviews were removed over a completely bullshit allegation that I posted a review that violated their terms of service. After going back and forth with the morons in the community-reviews department (even after they admitted that my posts did not violate their guidelines) they restored my account (which took them six months to do), but I have been posting my reviews on my blog to have them preserved in case something like that happens again. And here, I will post uncensored reviews so I will swear from time to time and post reviews that may be longer than Amazon's character limit. Everything I post here on any topic or product is my personal opinion, and I take no compensation for any product reviews I post. I am a member of Amazon's vine program and because I get those products for free, I keep those reviews on Amazon only, but everything I have purchased with my own money, whether from Amazon or some other store/website/outlet, I will post here.  

I also plan to do some longer blog posts on various topics, such as how to learn physics, how to get through calculus, and longer reviews of workout programs as I do them. Basically, whatever strikes me as interesting at the time.  As you can see if you navigate around the blog, I had many years in between postings. During that time I was going back to school to get an engineering degree, and learning material that I avoided my first time through college was a different experience and one that gave me a lot of insight into how to do well in those classes, which I will try to impart here for those who are looking to get a science or engineering degree. 

Saturday, July 6, 2024

DVD/TV Movie Review: Baywatch: Hawaiian Wedding

 


Hawaiian Wedding is the 2003 TV movie that (finally) put a nail in the coffin of the Baywatch franchise.  It mostly brought back cast members from the parent series, including David Hasselhoff, Pamela Anderson, Yasmine Bleeth, Angelica Bridges, Nicole Eggert, Carmen Electra, Jeremy Jackson, John Allen Nelson, Gena Lee Nolan, and Billy Warlock however, Jason Mamoa, Brandie Roderick, and Stacy Kamano from Baywatch Hawaii did appear, as did Michael Bergin, who starred in the final couple of seasons of the parent series and the two seasons of Baywatch Hawaii. They also found a clever way to bring back Alexandra Paul, whose character was killed off toward the end of the run of the original series. Notable absences included Donna D'Errico, Erika Elaniak, Angie Harmon, Greg Allen Williams, Brooke Burns, David Charvet, David Chokachi, Parker Stevens, Jason Brooks, and Kelly Slater. 

The movie is just over an hour and a half long. It did not get a major restoration like the Blu-Ray releases of the original series and Baywatch Hawaii, so the A/V quality is nowhere near as good as those. The DVD does not have any extras specific to the show or movie but does have promo reels for two series, The Sheild and the Baywatch spoof, Son of the Beach. Like most of the episodes of the various shows (Baywatch, Baywatch Nights, and Baywatch Hawaii), the storyline is terrible, and the acting is not much better. Still, it does provide a proper series finale for the original series and Baywatch Hawaii (it ignores that Baywatch Nights ever existed), which neither series received. It has horrible plot holes, including handwaving away how Mitch survived the blast that ended season 1 of Baywatch Hawaii and a lame explanation for why Court can still see. It brings back a bad guy from season two, Mason Soto (played by Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa), who is bent on revenge against Mitch and everyone Mitch cares about because Mitch helped put him in jail. There is also a stupid plotline involving the characters of Jason, Kekoa, Leigh, and J.D. that makes no sense and essentially invents something that never happened in the show to develop a love rectangle. But, then again, Baywatch was never big on sticking with storylines or providing continuity. There are a couple of musical interludes/montages that show clips of the various characters from their time on the show (and one showing Anderson rolling around in a bikini), and there are some callbacks to things that occurred over the run of the franchise. I would not call it a must-watch, but it provides some nostalgia for people stuck with the show from the beginning.

No comments: