Welcome

Welcome to my ever-evolving blog. It started out as a blog on Beachbody workouts and products, mainly when I was a Beachbody coach. I no longer coach, not because I don't believe in Beachbody's programs (I subscribe to Beachbody on Demand and use their workouts every day), I am just not a salesperson and hated that aspect of it. I am more than willing to answer questions about my experiences with their products and the various workouts, and I feel freer to do so without the appearance of giving a biased review of something.

I have also started adding reviews for various things I have purchased like movies, books, CDs, and other products. This was brought about by a fight with Amazon in which all of my reviews were removed over a completely bullshit allegation that I posted a review that violated their terms of service. After going back and forth with the morons in the community-reviews department (even after they admitted that my posts did not violate their guidelines) they restored my account (which took them six months to do), but I have been posting my reviews on my blog to have them preserved in case something like that happens again. And here, I will post uncensored reviews so I will swear from time to time and post reviews that may be longer than Amazon's character limit. Everything I post here on any topic or product is my personal opinion, and I take no compensation for any product reviews I post. I am a member of Amazon's vine program and because I get those products for free, I keep those reviews on Amazon only, but everything I have purchased with my own money, whether from Amazon or some other store/website/outlet, I will post here.  

I also plan to do some longer blog posts on various topics, such as how to learn physics, how to get through calculus, and longer reviews of workout programs as I do them. Basically, whatever strikes me as interesting at the time.  As you can see if you navigate around the blog, I had many years in between postings. During that time I was going back to school to get an engineering degree, and learning material that I avoided my first time through college was a different experience and one that gave me a lot of insight into how to do well in those classes, which I will try to impart here for those who are looking to get a science or engineering degree. 

Friday, July 12, 2024

DVD/TV Series Review: Chicago Med: Season 3

 


++++Warning, this will contain season 2 spoilers, but no big giveaways from season 3++++

The 20-episode third season of Chicago Med aired during the 2017/2018 TV season. The season starts off a bit weak (in my opinion), mainly in the resolution of Dr. Charles' shooting. It picked up months down the line with his shooter on trial. That storyline is wrapped up fairly quickly, but the aftermath of it really reverberates throughout the season, affecting Sarah and her relationship with Dr. Charles. Toward the end of the season, Sarah's estranged father is introduced, and he ends up being involved in one of the multiple cliffhangers that ended the season. All of the main characters/actors return for the season. Norma Kuhling is upgraded to a series regular this season, and there are several recognizable recurring and guest stars this season, including Malcolm McDowell, Corbin Bleu, Mekia Cox, and Gregory Alan Williams. There is no "one-Chicago" this season with the other shows, Fire and PD, but several of the cast members from the other shows do appear on Med throughout the season.

The DVD set is a five-disc set. There is no behind-the-scenes material, deleted scenes, gag reels, etc. The only difference between this and a MOD set is that you get closed captions. So, if you only get discs when there are a lot of extras available, you may just want to stick with streaming this one. Ultimately, the show continues to be strong. It does have a soap opera element to it with the various relationships, but the show did a good job again to not make the relationships the focus of the show. Some of the storylines from last season were completely tied up, and others led to ongoing story arcs this season. I will not spoil any for those who have not seen it, but I think much like ER was able to do (for a lot of its run anyway), Med keeps the focus on the hospital and treating patients and then weaves in things about the character's personal lives and relationships. I still would not say Med is as good as the early seasons of ER, but it is the closest to the overall feel of that show I have seen since ER went off the air.



No comments: