Welcome

Welcome to my ever-evolving blog. It started out as a blog on Beachbody workouts and products, mainly when I was a Beachbody coach. I no longer coach, not because I don't believe in Beachbody's programs (I subscribe to Beachbody on Demand and use their workouts every day), I am just not a salesperson and hated that aspect of it. I am more than willing to answer questions about my experiences with their products and the various workouts, and I feel freer to do so without the appearance of giving a biased review of something.

I have also started adding reviews for various things I have purchased like movies, books, CDs, and other products. This was brought about by a fight with Amazon in which all of my reviews were removed over a completely bullshit allegation that I posted a review that violated their terms of service. After going back and forth with the morons in the community-reviews department (even after they admitted that my posts did not violate their guidelines) they restored my account (which took them six months to do), but I have been posting my reviews on my blog to have them preserved in case something like that happens again. And here, I will post uncensored reviews so I will swear from time to time and post reviews that may be longer than Amazon's character limit. Everything I post here on any topic or product is my personal opinion, and I take no compensation for any product reviews I post. I am a member of Amazon's vine program and because I get those products for free, I keep those reviews on Amazon only, but everything I have purchased with my own money, whether from Amazon or some other store/website/outlet, I will post here.  

I also plan to do some longer blog posts on various topics, such as how to learn physics, how to get through calculus, and longer reviews of workout programs as I do them. Basically, whatever strikes me as interesting at the time.  As you can see if you navigate around the blog, I had many years in between postings. During that time I was going back to school to get an engineering degree, and learning material that I avoided my first time through college was a different experience and one that gave me a lot of insight into how to do well in those classes, which I will try to impart here for those who are looking to get a science or engineering degree. 

Sunday, October 4, 2026

Blu-Ray/TV Series Review: Brooklyn Nine-Nine: Season 2

 


The 23-episode second season of Brooklyn Nine-Nine aired during the 2014/2015 TV season. All of the series regulars returned for the second season, and the show had another good slate of guest and recurring cast members, including Kyra Sedgwick, Nick Cannon, Eva Longoria, Stephen Root, Sandra Bernhard, Jenny Slate, Ed Helms, Craig Robinson, Nick Kroll, Garret Dillahunt, and Bradley Whitford. The series continues the format of a story-of-the-week procedural and a serial with storylines that build on each other (and get referred back to) throughout the season. The bigger serial arcs involve Jake and Amy's feelings for each other, a long-running feud between Captain Holt and the new Deputy Commissioner, and a romance between Gina and Boyle's parents. There is also another good Halloween episode in which Jake and Holt make yet another bet. 

As of this writing, the individual seasons are only available on DVD as a three-disc set. The blu-rays are only available in a complete series box set, in which season two is on two discs in its own keep case. The A/V quality of the blu-rays are very good, and the show looks and sounds great in HD. The only extras are deleted scenes for select episodes, and the episodes can be played with English captions.

The show remains a strong comedy. Because of the show's format, you can watch any particular episode and be able to follow most of what is going on during the episode, but because they often refer back to events in prior episodes, you may not follow everything if you do not watch the show in order. So, while you do not need to watch season 1 before season 2, it definitely helps. The acting and writing continue to be top-notch, and the writers do a good job giving all of the actors good material to work with and balancing the storylines for the various characters. Ultimately, if you enjoyed the first season, this one is absolutely worth watching.  

No comments: