Welcome

Welcome to my ever-evolving blog. It started out as a blog on Beachbody workouts and products, mainly when I was a Beachbody coach. I no longer coach, not because I don't believe in Beachbody's programs (I subscribe to Beachbody on Demand and use their workouts every day), I am just not a salesperson and hated that aspect of it. I am more than willing to answer questions about my experiences with their products and the various workouts, and I feel freer to do so without the appearance of giving a biased review of something.

I have also started adding reviews for various things I have purchased like movies, books, CDs, and other products. This was brought about by a fight with Amazon in which all of my reviews were removed over a completely bullshit allegation that I posted a review that violated their terms of service. After going back and forth with the morons in the community-reviews department (even after they admitted that my posts did not violate their guidelines) they restored my account (which took them six months to do), but I have been posting my reviews on my blog to have them preserved in case something like that happens again. And here, I will post uncensored reviews so I will swear from time to time and post reviews that may be longer than Amazon's character limit. Everything I post here on any topic or product is my personal opinion, and I take no compensation for any product reviews I post. I am a member of Amazon's vine program and because I get those products for free, I keep those reviews on Amazon only, but everything I have purchased with my own money, whether from Amazon or some other store/website/outlet, I will post here.  

I also plan to do some longer blog posts on various topics, such as how to learn physics, how to get through calculus, and longer reviews of workout programs as I do them. Basically, whatever strikes me as interesting at the time.  As you can see if you navigate around the blog, I had many years in between postings. During that time I was going back to school to get an engineering degree, and learning material that I avoided my first time through college was a different experience and one that gave me a lot of insight into how to do well in those classes, which I will try to impart here for those who are looking to get a science or engineering degree. 

Saturday, August 3, 2024

DVD/TV Series Review: Merlin Season 3

 


The 13-episode third season of Merlin aired during the fall and winter of 2010. It picks up a year after the events of season two, with Morgana missing and the knights sent out time after time to search for her. Of course, she turns up eventually and comes back to the court fully in league with Morgause and only Merlin, suspecting what she is up to. The season is mostly a show of the week format with a storyline set for the particular episode, with the larger arc of will Morgana be revealed as being evil. I will not say too much more to avoid spoiling anything, but I will say that we do see more of the iconic elements of the Arthurian legend over the course of the season and setting up for Arthur's ascension to the throne.

All of the main cast, including Colin Morgan, Bradley James, Anthony Head, Katie McGrath, Richard Wilson, and Angel Coulby, return. The younger actors are all growing into their roles, and that, along with the writing/storylines getting darker, makes this season even more enjoyable and "adult" than the first two seasons were.

The DVD set is a five-disc set. The extras are similar to what was included for the releases of the first two seasons. On the episode discs, there are commentary tracks for some, but not all, of the episodes. Then, there is a bonus disc that has a 23-minute behind-the-scenes feature, a 39-minute portion of the 2010 comic-con panel, a gag reel, some wallpapers, and a picture gallery—a good amount for those who like watching the extras.

Overall, if you liked seasons 1 and 2, you will likely be a fan of this season. If you were not a big fan of the first two seasons of the show, this one probably will not convert you. But, if you were kind of lukewarm to the first couple of seasons, this is worth checking out because the characters are developed now, and the storylines are getting stronger.

No comments: