Welcome

Welcome to my ever-evolving blog. It started out as a blog on Beachbody workouts and products, mainly when I was a Beachbody coach. I no longer coach, not because I don't believe in Beachbody's programs (I subscribe to Beachbody on Demand and use their workouts every day), I am just not a salesperson and hated that aspect of it. I am more than willing to answer questions about my experiences with their products and the various workouts, and I feel freer to do so without the appearance of giving a biased review of something.

I have also started adding reviews for various things I have purchased like movies, books, CDs, and other products. This was brought about by a fight with Amazon in which all of my reviews were removed over a completely bullshit allegation that I posted a review that violated their terms of service. After going back and forth with the morons in the community-reviews department (even after they admitted that my posts did not violate their guidelines) they restored my account (which took them six months to do), but I have been posting my reviews on my blog to have them preserved in case something like that happens again. And here, I will post uncensored reviews so I will swear from time to time and post reviews that may be longer than Amazon's character limit. Everything I post here on any topic or product is my personal opinion, and I take no compensation for any product reviews I post. I am a member of Amazon's vine program and because I get those products for free, I keep those reviews on Amazon only, but everything I have purchased with my own money, whether from Amazon or some other store/website/outlet, I will post here.  

I also plan to do some longer blog posts on various topics, such as how to learn physics, how to get through calculus, and longer reviews of workout programs as I do them. Basically, whatever strikes me as interesting at the time.  As you can see if you navigate around the blog, I had many years in between postings. During that time I was going back to school to get an engineering degree, and learning material that I avoided my first time through college was a different experience and one that gave me a lot of insight into how to do well in those classes, which I will try to impart here for those who are looking to get a science or engineering degree. 

Monday, August 19, 2024

Blu-Ray/TV Series Review: Blindspot: Season 3

 


++++Warning, this will contain spoilers from prior seasons, but no major giveaways from this season++++

The 22-episode third season of Blindspot aired during the 2017/2018 TV season. It starts by revisiting the time jump that ended season two. The first couple of episodes fill in the gaps of what happened to the team during the nearly two-year time jump, and then the rest of the season is about the team (the same people, but with a different dynamic after the time jump) trying to take down Roman (Luke Mitchell), who has an agenda of his own aside from just getting back at Jane/Remi that plays throughout the season. All of the main cast members, Sullivan Stapleton, Jamie Alexander, Rob Brown, Audrey Esparza, Ashley Johnson, and Mitchell return as series regulars. Ennis Esmer has a larger recurring role as Rich Dotcom, and Mary Stuart Masterson joins as another recurring character.

The Blu-Ray set is a four-disc MOD set. Unlike some MOD DVD and blu-ray sets it has subtitles and extras. The latter include deleted scenes for most of the episodes, a 6+ min gag reel, and a 4 min behind the scenes with Audry Esparza highlighting her character, Zapata. Good for what is there, but not a ton. It may or may not be worth the extra cost to you. Chances are if you got the discs for seasons 1 and 2 you will want this one to have a complete collection. But if you only get discs when there is a lot of bonus material, then you may just want to stream it. One benefit to the MOD discs, however, is that there is a true play-all mode that allows you to pick up where you left off. Even in the middle of the episodes. That is not something that the "regular" Warner Brothers and Fox blu-ray sets do not.

The season is a bit uneven. It really tries to get its footing as a show after playing out the time jump. Some parts of the story work better than others, but where it really hooked me is the end, doing basically another couple of cliffhangers which really set up season four to potentially be the best season yet. It mostly has a long serial arc that builds throughout the season, but does have some self-contained episodes that are more like what you see in procedural dramas. It is well-written and acted with a good blend of action, drama, suspense, and humor. Even though it takes a while for the season to really pick up, it is absolutely worth the time to watch.

No comments: