Welcome

Welcome to my ever-evolving blog. It started out as a blog on Beachbody workouts and products, mainly when I was a Beachbody coach. I no longer coach, not because I don't believe in Beachbody's programs (I subscribe to Beachbody on Demand and use their workouts every day), I am just not a salesperson and hated that aspect of it. I am more than willing to answer questions about my experiences with their products and the various workouts, and I feel freer to do so without the appearance of giving a biased review of something.

I have also started adding reviews for various things I have purchased like movies, books, CDs, and other products. This was brought about by a fight with Amazon in which all of my reviews were removed over a completely bullshit allegation that I posted a review that violated their terms of service. After going back and forth with the morons in the community-reviews department (even after they admitted that my posts did not violate their guidelines) they restored my account (which took them six months to do), but I have been posting my reviews on my blog to have them preserved in case something like that happens again. And here, I will post uncensored reviews so I will swear from time to time and post reviews that may be longer than Amazon's character limit. Everything I post here on any topic or product is my personal opinion, and I take no compensation for any product reviews I post. I am a member of Amazon's vine program and because I get those products for free, I keep those reviews on Amazon only, but everything I have purchased with my own money, whether from Amazon or some other store/website/outlet, I will post here.  

I also plan to do some longer blog posts on various topics, such as how to learn physics, how to get through calculus, and longer reviews of workout programs as I do them. Basically, whatever strikes me as interesting at the time.  As you can see if you navigate around the blog, I had many years in between postings. During that time I was going back to school to get an engineering degree, and learning material that I avoided my first time through college was a different experience and one that gave me a lot of insight into how to do well in those classes, which I will try to impart here for those who are looking to get a science or engineering degree. 

Wednesday, October 12, 2022

DVD/TV Series Review: Psych: Season 7

 


The seventh season of Psych pretty much follows the format of the prior seasons. Mostly, the show is a case-of-the-week procedural that does have story arcs (and jokes) that go throughout the course of the season (and there are callbacks to prior seasons). And, of course, there are the spoof/homage episodes that are a play on something from pop culture. This season, it is a spoof of the movie Clue, which also serves as the show's 100th episode. Shawn and Juliet's relationship takes a couple of turns this season, as does Lassiter's relationship with Marlowe.

For those who get the DVD set, the extras are pretty similar to the prior seasons. There are commentary tracks on select episodes, a gag reel, a ton of deleted scenes, montages and psychouts, and an extended version of the 100 Clues episode. Note that the musical episode(s) that aired after the 7th season ended is not included in this set. Some of the guest stars this season include Parminder Nagra (from ER), Anthony Michael Hall (from pretty much every 1980s teenage comedy), Garcelle Beauvais, Jake Busey, David Koechner, Christopher Lloyd, Lori Loughlin, Cybill Shepherd, and Lesley Ann Warren.

Overall, the show continues to be good, although probably not as good as it was in the first couple of seasons. The show definitely recycles jokes, and there are only so many times it can do that without getting old. But, the writers do manage to keep the show fresh with the spoof episodes which give fans something to look forward to each season. The acting is always great, and the cast members either have or fake great chemistry. I assume it is the former since they all keep coming back to do the TV movies even after the show ended. So, if you are a fan of the show, this season is definitely worth watching.

No comments: