Welcome

Welcome to my ever-evolving blog. It started out as a blog on Beachbody workouts and products, mainly when I was a Beachbody coach. I no longer coach, not because I don't believe in Beachbody's programs (I subscribe to Beachbody on Demand and use their workouts every day), I am just not a salesperson and hated that aspect of it. I am more than willing to answer questions about my experiences with their products and the various workouts, and I feel freer to do so without the appearance of giving a biased review of something.

I have also started adding reviews for various things I have purchased like movies, books, CDs, and other products. This was brought about by a fight with Amazon in which all of my reviews were removed over a completely bullshit allegation that I posted a review that violated their terms of service. After going back and forth with the morons in the community-reviews department (even after they admitted that my posts did not violate their guidelines) they restored my account (which took them six months to do), but I have been posting my reviews on my blog to have them preserved in case something like that happens again. And here, I will post uncensored reviews so I will swear from time to time and post reviews that may be longer than Amazon's character limit. Everything I post here on any topic or product is my personal opinion, and I take no compensation for any product reviews I post. I am a member of Amazon's vine program and because I get those products for free, I keep those reviews on Amazon only, but everything I have purchased with my own money, whether from Amazon or some other store/website/outlet, I will post here.  

I also plan to do some longer blog posts on various topics, such as how to learn physics, how to get through calculus, and longer reviews of workout programs as I do them. Basically, whatever strikes me as interesting at the time.  As you can see if you navigate around the blog, I had many years in between postings. During that time I was going back to school to get an engineering degree, and learning material that I avoided my first time through college was a different experience and one that gave me a lot of insight into how to do well in those classes, which I will try to impart here for those who are looking to get a science or engineering degree. 

Saturday, September 30, 2023

Product Review: FLEXISPOT EN1 Height Adjustable Standing Desk

 


I got this to use in an office corner of my renovated basement since I am stuck working from home due to COVID-19. A couple of things to note about putting it together. First, as it says on the product page, this will come in two boxes. One with the pieces for the frame, and one with the desktop. I got the frame first (on a Tuesday), then got the desktop the following Monday. So, you will not be able to assemble the entire thing right away. Second, you will need two people to assemble the frame because the legs are too heavy to hold up with one hand while screwing on the part that holds the crossbar. Third, you will need a drill and/or electric screwdriver to put this together. An electric screwdriver makes it easier to screw the base to the tabletop (and the power box and lift controller to the tabletop). The former you need because there are not pre-drilled holes for all the spots that need screws. For me, the hardest thing about putting it together was aligning the base with the holes on the tabletop that you need to screw the legs to the table. Unless you are very lucky you will have to adjust the crossbar after you put the base together when you are screwing it to the tabletop. You also need to be very careful when connecting the piece that turns when the motor engages not to turn the motor winch too much when you are tightening the bar (it will make sense in the instructions).

Overall, the instructions are written better than most for these types of put it together yourself furniture pieces. You do have to look at the pictures to see exactly how things should be aligned, but it is not too hard, even if you are not very handy or much of a DIYer. The desk is very heavy and sturdy once put together and does not feel flimsy like a lot of things you have to assemble. You can move it up and down using the arrows on the control box, or you can program up to three heights using programmable buttons. So far, I am very satisfied with it and would absolutely recommend it.

No comments: