Welcome

Welcome to my ever-evolving blog. It started out as a blog on Beachbody workouts and products, mainly when I was a Beachbody coach. I no longer coach, not because I don't believe in Beachbody's programs (I subscribe to Beachbody on Demand and use their workouts every day), I am just not a salesperson and hated that aspect of it. I am more than willing to answer questions about my experiences with their products and the various workouts, and I feel freer to do so without the appearance of giving a biased review of something.

I have also started adding reviews for various things I have purchased like movies, books, CDs, and other products. This was brought about by a fight with Amazon in which all of my reviews were removed over a completely bullshit allegation that I posted a review that violated their terms of service. After going back and forth with the morons in the community-reviews department (even after they admitted that my posts did not violate their guidelines) they restored my account (which took them six months to do), but I have been posting my reviews on my blog to have them preserved in case something like that happens again. And here, I will post uncensored reviews so I will swear from time to time and post reviews that may be longer than Amazon's character limit. Everything I post here on any topic or product is my personal opinion, and I take no compensation for any product reviews I post. I am a member of Amazon's vine program and because I get those products for free, I keep those reviews on Amazon only, but everything I have purchased with my own money, whether from Amazon or some other store/website/outlet, I will post here.  

I also plan to do some longer blog posts on various topics, such as how to learn physics, how to get through calculus, and longer reviews of workout programs as I do them. Basically, whatever strikes me as interesting at the time.  As you can see if you navigate around the blog, I had many years in between postings. During that time I was going back to school to get an engineering degree, and learning material that I avoided my first time through college was a different experience and one that gave me a lot of insight into how to do well in those classes, which I will try to impart here for those who are looking to get a science or engineering degree. 

Saturday, April 14, 2012

X2 weekly update, recovery week number 1

Hey everyone. Today was the first day of recovery week 1 for me. I did the recovery and mobility workout for the first time, and I love it. I can't wait until I can start doing it twice a week regularly. I am a total cheerleader for foam rolling now. I has a foam roller for a while even before getting X2, but I had never really learned how to use it. If you have read through these posts you know before I started X2 I was having lower back and hip pain. Just from the 2-3 min of foam rolling in the regular workouts that has all but gone away. The 20 min sequence in the recovery and mobility DVD is golden. It is probably a beginning type of sequence, but the great thing is he basically says here we are going to do 20 min of foam rolling do what you need to do. I urge you if you are doing X2 without a foam roller or thinking of doing X2, invest in one. You just cannot get the same results from stretching.

Here are my updated stats:

Weight 175.8
Waist 37.8"
Hips 38.5"
Chest 40.5"
Thighs 22"
Arms 12"

As always, my body is holing on to my abdominal fat for dear life. I am still losing quite a bit in my hips and my chest though. I had set a goal to be down to 175 my mid May, and I should hit that mark. I am sure my weight will go back up a little. I am going to post a pic of a chart of how my weight as fluctuated from diet power.   I weigh myself every day so the program can track my metabolism.  I am honestly not sure what my overall scale weight is going to end up after X2. The lowest I have been in my adult life has been about 167 or so.I really do not care as long as I end up looking the way I want.  Anyway, thanks for reading and I will check in with an update next week,

No comments: